I spent a good chunk of time last night on looking at the possible bug in Folder. Good news. It seems that the bug I was seeing has to do with iOS 4.0 and above only, and I was seeing it because of the ad supported version that I am making. The regular version of Folder does not appear to have this problem, which is why I hadn't seen this previously.
Still, I did fix a few good things last night and after a paranoid round of testing I should be submitting the new version this evening. Changes include:
- Fixed a problem with email attachments crashing the app when sending unknown file types.
- Fixed a problem with the cancel button being only partially selectable.
- Added additional supported filetypes to open files with.
- Fixed a possible problem with multi-tasking and accepting files on iOS 4.
- Fixed a problem with the empty folder image not centered in some cases.
- Fixed a problem with the empty folder image not showing in the proper orientation if the device is flat.
- Fixed some incorrect text in a dialog.
This was more problems than I had been aware of. If you see a problem with Folder let me know, I would be happy to address it.
I am considering dropbox support in an update as well as possibly moving the icons around. I am still thinking about wifi support, but no promises there yet.
Thanks for using Folder!